Sunday, September 8, 2019

Sprint Made Me Fat

          Recently, I have been searching for a new cell phone carrier.  I currently have Sprint and they are the absolute worst.  I have used AT&T and they are pricey and the rest of them are just about the same I can tell you.  I haven't been happy with cell service since AT&T bought Cingular in 20whatever.  Cingular used to be great.  I had cell reception with Cingular in the bathroom of my sister's house in the Hill Country of Texas, when she had to drive down the road a half-mile just to talk on her cell phone.  Seriously.
          The reason I am on the search is that Sprint's service is laughably bad.  I live in Long Beach, CA, a city of 500,000 people, in Los Angeles County which is the 2nd most populous place in America, y'all.  I am not in the boonies.  I am straight up in the city limits.  Seal Beach, CA is a fancy little town about 27 inches from Long Beach, literally starting at the order of Orange County.
           Whenever I am in Seal Beach bargain shopping at the Home Goods or Marshall's or simply trying to buy groceries and sundries at Target or Ralph's, which is their version of Piggly Wiggly, I am unable to make diet-conscious decisions because the cell reception is nil and I cannot access my Weight Watcher app, which shows me what foods I should and should not be eating.  I take my phone and use the camera as a scanner on the bar code and it gives me the info to make good choices, like knowing that the Whole Wheat Ritz Crackers are the least number of WW points, which makes sense because they are the least delicious.
           However, when I am standing in the parking lot of a shopping center in the city limits of Orange County, I get no signal.  Based on my cell reception, you would think I was in a cavern, in a canyon, excavating for a mine with Clementine's Daddy; she of "Oh My Darlin'..." fame song.  Google it, youngsters.
          And I'm not talking about a weak signal, you know the one that messes with you, making you slowly move, twisting your body into weirder and more painful positions, while its showing one bar , then two bars, then one bar, then four bars, then one bar again, leaving you all twisted like a Cirque du Soleil dancer, who got stuck mid-performance.  I'm talking about no signal.  Where it literally shows on your phone, where the little bars should be, the statement "No Signal".
          How is that even possible?  I mean, Sprint is a nationwide company, with many customers.  Am I the only one with No Service in LA County?  I can sell you an overpriced phone and offer you no signal using the cooking utensils in my kitchen.  And I would do it for much less money.
          Plus, it's Sprint's fault that I'm fat, which is ironic because sprint is something that my old kick boxing coah used to try to make me do until I whooped him down during my last class.  And by whooped him down I mean, I lay on the floor, cried a little and then cancelled my gym membership.            And I need my WW app, y'all.  When I can't access my little 'getting skinny' app at the store, I end up buying things like Doritos and Oreos and Pumpkin Cream Cheese.  Are these things fattening?  Are they WW approved?  Who knows?  Well, my WW app knows, but I can't access it, so now I'm fat. All because of Sprint.
          So, I'm looking for advice on the best cell service to help me lose weight.  But only from the skinny people.  And by skinny, I mean, skinnier than me.
          Bless y'all.  Bless all y'all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment